Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Alligator Alley.

Taken right before I got chewed out by a Dunkin' Donuts employee because I asked for Soy milk instead of cream for my iced coffee...oops.
     So apparently I fell asleep on the couch last night after watching a marathon of The Newsroom because I woke up this morning still in my living room, to the sound of my lawn crew mowing my front yard. It was identical to the scene of Cameron Diaz's boyfriend waking up on the couch at the beginning of the The Holiday (I miss that movie. I think it's still recorded on my DVR from Christmas.). I decided to spend the rest of my morning drinking numerous cups of coffee and embarrassingly re-watching some of America's finest reality tv shows (yikes).

     I digress. 

     I wanted to post a couple of pictures from my mini road trip to St. Petersburg from the past weekend. I always forget how beautiful that town is. It's a beach town so no matter where you are, there are people in flip flops, surfer shops on every corner and a constant ocean breeze. I was only there until Sunday morning so I didn't get to see everything (including the Salvador Dali museum, which I was seriously bummed about) but I'm hoping to go back for Warped Tour in two weeks. 

Alligator Alley. July 2013.
T and Me cafe. July 2013. 
     For some reason, I woke up at 7am Saturday morning and couldn't go back to sleep so I camped out in the living room to watch the news until my friends woke up (I'm a total news junkie, by the way. Where in the world is Snowden, am I right??). Fortunately, my friend Kasie couldn't sleep either so we got dressed and decided to explore. We ended up in Gulfport, a mini town/neighborhood a mile away from where she lived and we found the cutest cafe hidden within another neighborhood. I fell in love. While I was eating the best bagel in the world, I observed some of the locals coming in to get their morning coffee too. I felt like I was sitting in an episode of friends. Everyone knew each others business and were ordering their "usuals". This one guy even came in with his Husky and I tried to keep my uncontrollable gushing at bay. 

Heart eyes for days!! July 2013. 
     After breakfast we explored Gulfport a little more before heading over to the thrift stores on Central Ave. It didn't take us long to discover Gulfport Pier. When we walked along the shoreline with our coffees, I felt like I was in a damn Nicholas Sparks novel for a hot second. It was beautiful and I was grateful we got to see it before the tropical storm hit (which happened three hours later. Jeez).
Kasie on Gulfport Pier. Lulz. July 2013. 
Gulfport Pier. July 2013. 

The book shop of Gulfport. July 2013. 
     Overall it was a great trip. I had to drive back to stinky Boca Raton early Sunday, due to the next set of storms headed our way. 

    I hope you enjoyed my surprisingly long blog post, aided by my crappy iphone pictures. I promise to use a real camera next time. 

Keira

2 comments:

  1. My dad lives in good old St. Pete, and you've GOTTA CHECK OUT DALI. I think I liked the older museum more, but the new one's pretty cool too.

    But, like, seriously. Do it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If for some reason I manage to stumble into the St. Pete warped tour on the 27th, I will absolutely make it my mission & number one priority to go see it. I was so upset with myself for not going before I left. I feel like I would of died everywhere.

      SOON.

      x

      Delete