Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Royals.

Fourth Of July Fireworks, 2013. By Maysa Askar.
These past couple of weeks have been filled with skeptical sparklers, GirlScout cookies & sad goodbyes. I knew I'd hate myself if I didn't document my latest summer adventures in some type of shape or form. Luckily for me, my friend Maysa Askar, is a photographer (and also my favorite person in the whole world) who documents everything.

Respectables. 4th Of July, 2013. Photo by Maysa Askar.
 The early evening of my 4th of July was spent outside Maysa's house, where we nearly blew ourselves up by playing with military fireworks that her older brother brought. I spent the majority of my time hiding behind our cars in the driveway because I'm a huge sissy, but it was fun nonetheless. After that, we headed to West Palm Beach to meet up with the rest of our friends for drinks. The night was hilarious and perfect. Of course we ended it in a McDonalds drive-thru at 2 in the morning - ain't nothin' more American than that.

Kyle & his cake. 2013.  
Cookie Cake. 2013. By Maysa Askar. 

This past weekend we had to say goodbye to our good friend Kyle, who is moving to Nashville this month. I spent the majority of the party appreciating his seriously Hawaiian themed backyard (there were TIKI CANDLES), having heated discussions about the new Jay-Z album & continuously eyeing the cookie cake & queso dip table behind me (that missing chunk out of the cookie cake may or may not have been a result of lack of self-discipline...sorry Kyle.). I couldn't imagine a better send off, and I wish him the best on his future endeavors. 

The rest of my week is looking pretty quiet, save for my mini road trip  this weekend. I'll be driving over to St. Petersburg, Florida to visit my good friend Kasie while she continues to complete her internship at HSN. Then Sunday night, I'll be driving over to Orlando (if all goes to plan, that is) to meet up with some more pals and to possibly see Brighten/A Rocket To The Moon/The Maine Tuesday night. I'm trying to sneak in a quick Disney trip in between since it's literally been YEARS since I've been to Disney World. I miss it terribly. 

Me and John. Tampa, FL. 2011 (I think?) A cool disposable by of COURSE, Maysa Askar.
Speaking of shows, Warped Tour is around the corner. I couldn't be more stoked about it, especially since a ton of my friends are playing this year. It's not for another two weeks and I'm already stressing out over outfit options. You can only wear a Slayer shirt so many times...right? Right.


Links;
  • Maysa Askar's flickr & tumblr. (You'd be stupid not to check her stuff out. She's an amazing music photographer)
  • Royals by Lourde (new favorite song). 




No comments:

Post a Comment